Thanks to the iTero scanner dentists are able to capture enhanced 3-D dental images of a patient's mouth. Here's more on what iTero is and how this innovative dental technology helps you get the most out of Invisalign.
What Is The iTero Scanner?
The iTero scanner is an intraoral wand which a dentist maneuvers around a patient’s mouth in order to create detailed 3-D images in just minutes.
The intraoral scans from iTero are used by dentists to create models to diagnose and treat orthodontic issues, as well as for restorative dental work such as dental crowns and implants.
Invisalign & iTero
Invisalign is a series of clear, removable orthodontic aligners that straighten your teeth without the need for traditional metal wire and brackets.
iTero intraoral scanners are compatible with the Invisalign system, and can help your dentist to create your detailed personal treatment plan.
The Benefits Of iTero
- iTero scanners are easy to use and produce images that are much more detailed than traditional 2-D images.
- Enhanced digital scans mean more efficient and convenient treatment for patients.
- iTero scanners have screens which display the digital images in real time.
- With iTero there's none of the goopy mess that comes with taking traditional dental impressions.
- Dentists can easily share iTero scans with other dental professionals and third-party providers, such as Invisalign.
- Your iTero scans can be used with the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you how your smile will look once your Invisalign treatment is complete.
- Throughout your Invisalign treatment, regular iTero scans can help your dentist track your progress.