Thanks to the iTero Intraoral Scanner, our CCOA member dentists can take fast, and detailed 3D digital scans of your teeth then map out a personalized treatment plan to give you a straighter, healthier smile.
What is the iTero?
iTero is an intraoral wand that takes as many as 60,000 detailed images of your teeth and mouth structures per second! The iTero scanner provides our CCOA member dentists with detailed 3D dental images that are available on our treatment room screens in just minutes.
What role does iTero play in my Invisalign treatment?
- Digital 3D Images - Our iTero scanners have screens located inside the treatment rooms which display your detailed 3D images in realtime. This technology allows your dentist to clearly show you the orthodontic issues that are present in your mouth and explain how Invisalign can help to improve the appearance and function of your smile.
- No Need for Traditional Impressions - iTero technology means that our patients never have to be concerned about the goopy mess that sometimes comes along with taking traditional orthodontic impressions.
- Straight Smile Preview - The 3D images created by the iTero intraoral scanner allow our dentists to use the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show your what your new smile could look like once your Invisalign treatment is complete.
- Better Fitting Aligners - The images generated by iTero are so detailed that they help Invisalign technicians to create better fitting aligners each step of the way, which means fewer redos than with traditional physical impressions.
- Invisalign Progress Assessment - When you visit your CCOA member dentist for your regular progress checkups, your dentist can use iTero to scan your teeth and track your treatment progress.
- Images Can Be Shared with Other Dental Professionals - iTero's digital images can quickly and easily be shared with other dental professionals and third-party providers, helping to improve your overall dental care experience.